Kindergarten Prepares Students for Success in Primary School and Beyond
A “big kid” now, your five- or six-year-old is eager to learn and excel—and first grade is just a year away. Our private kindergarten program offers everything your child needs for a smooth transition from preschool to elementary school: secure yet interactive environments, teachers trained in early child development, and small class sizes. Building on each child’s individual needs and skills, our teachers guide learning through a host of fun and engaging activities. With a focus on the development of the whole child, our kindergarten program is designed to stimulate cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development.
Quality Kindergarten Can Boost Lifetime Learning and Achievement
Studies show that a high quality kindergarten education can result in substantial benefits to children well into adulthood. Kindergarten programs with experienced teachers and small class sizes are linked to higher test scores and a greater likelihood of attending college. Learning more in kindergarten can even increase students’ chances of earning better salaries, marrying, and owning homes when they’re adults. Our kindergarten centers not only meet these standards of quality but also exceed state curriculum criteria in all areas of cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development.
- Cognitive: Learning to think logically is the cornerstone to success in later academic disciplines. As with earlier developmental stages, caring relationships, enriched environments, and engaging experiences kindergarten shapes five- and six-year-olds’ cognitive growth.
- Socio-Emotional: Research indicates that a child’s ability to regulate emotions and behavior is a strong predictor of success in school, work, and society. Such regulation is developed through responsive relationships with teachers, teacher modeling of appropriate behaviors, and activities to promote sharing and empathy, all of which are integral to our kindergarten program.
- Physical: We provide plenty of opportunities for safe indoor and outdoor play. Our play areas and activities not only help develop your kindergartener’s gross and fine motor skills, but also allow him or her to learn, explore, and socialize.
Our Kindergarten Developmental Activities Include:
- Promoting Literacy: Immersed in a vivid world of letters, words, sounds, and stories, your youngster is primed to develop a love of language and literature in our kindergarten program. These early experiences help develop the vocabulary, writing, and reading skills for success in first grade.
- Mastering Math: Curious about the expanding world around them, five and six-year-olds love to categorize, compare, and count—activities that are perfect for mastering fundamental math skills they’ll need later. Our skilled teachers guide students through independent and group numerical activities for sustained success.
- Imagining Other Worlds: Whether your kindergartener wishes to be a chef, a ballerina, or the president, he or she will find the props and costumes necessary for rich dramatic play in our kindergarten school programs. Making up and acting out fictional personas and situations is an integral part of developing abstract thinking, literacy, math, and social skills.
- Exploring Science & Nature: Inquisitive young minds enjoy engaging indoor and outdoor science experiences. Guided by our skilled teachers, they observe, investigate, test, and discover the world around them.
- Developing Computer Skills: Children learn best through experiences and play. Rather than provide computer instruction, we give kindergarteners fun digital activities, expanding technological skills while keeping them entertained and engaged.
- Dancing to the Music: Fun fitness activities and dancing to music are incorporated into kindergartners’ routines, helping develop motor skills, coordination, and creativity. These are also excellent opportunities for children to socialize.
We Partner with Parents for a Seamless Transition into Primary School
Research suggests that the transition between early childhood learning programs and elementary school can be a critical time in a child’s development, and that family involvement in education programs can significantly boost young children’s academic success. In addition to offering skilled teachers and small classrooms, we also partner with parents to ensure a seamless transition into primary school for your child. Through frequent meeting and collaboration, we work together to achieve superior educational outcomes in kindergarten and beyond.